Hardwood Window Protection
Wooden windows are seeing a resurgence in popularity in recent years which is in part down to the developments in high-performance wood finishes and protective coatings. These coatings provide the wood with maximum life span and also preserve the appearance for longer too.
All of our hardwood windows are given a see-through window protection coating of sikens multi-coat porous system which has many advantages over its competitors. Here are some of the advantages of the protective coating that is added to all of our hardwood windows;
- Long term durability and flexibility of the water-borne coatings
- Protects the timber from moisture ingress & the damaging effects of UV light
- Moisture vapour permeable properties allow the timber to exchange moisture in a gradual way in relation to the surroundings
- Clear finish allows for the hardwood grain to show through
- Greatly reduced environmental impact compared to solvent-borne coatings